Sharing with you today a canvas that me and my little one made for her dad on his birthday. Loved the process and the outcome!
My little one does not call her father Dad, its pappa in our house, but the style queen that she is! and with all the accent she is catching from the cartoons, she would sometime call him dad..and we are amused to hear that from the little one :)
As soon as DH comes home, the little missy wants his phone or tab to play with. He would say no, but she would bring out her hand and say "Promise" (that she will give it back soon)...awww can anyone say no to that!!
Here are the steps that we too to make this:
1. First we applied masking tape on the canvas. Took three colors, yellow, blue and pink and let my little one have fun! Then after she used up all the color..I showed her the magic by removing the masking tape.
She was excited to see the outcome..but was not happy..she thought mumma we'll have to put more paint..it has so much white space..ok madam! your wish is my command :)
2. After it got completely dry, I put some color directly on the canvas and showed her the amazing texture we can create using our simple hair comb! I had tried tis for the first time and we both loved the texture!
3. I wanted to use my little one's hand print on the canvas to give it a personal touch. We did a hand printing session and little S printed her hand on the canvas in red. But it was not very visible, so I decided we'll use her other hand print which we had done on a plain white paper.. So did a fuzzy cut of the hand print.
4. Next we applied some modelling paste using the flower stencil..doesnt it look pretty!
5. We stuck the hand cut out and embellished with cute little 3D stickers.
6. Sprinkeld with white distress stickles and applied mod podge with gloss finish to seal everything well and preserve the beauty of this canvas.
It is very special to me. Do let me know how you liked it.
Sending this to:
Linking this to: